The Longwy pottery was established towards the end of the 17th century in a Carmelite convent in the Meurthe et Moselle region of France near the point where France, Luxembourg and Belgium meet. The owners of the convent and pottery were the Huart family, and by 1865 had passed into the hands of Fernand and Hyppolyte d'Huart. They built new workshops and forsook the models, figures and reliefs that had previously been made in favour of earthenware decorated with enamel in the style of cloisonné.
Search the Orakei Objet website:
© 2021 Orakei Objet